Introduction to the course:
Learn how to share your message through the creation of stunning, professional, and informative digital stories.
Digital storytelling is an important part of our world today, as online media platforms continue to grow and become our main source for information. Creating stimulating digital stories designed for target audiences is now a crucial element to sharing those online messages and impactful content.
Through the lens of health and One Health concepts, students are guided through the skills and knowledge required to write and execute impressive digital storyboards, and asked to create their own storyboard with exclusive access to Pageflow.
Content, schedule and requirements:
For ease and flexibility, this course is completely asynchronous but does include several feedback loops between peers and between the LMU writing center in order for students to improve and execute their best work. The course lasts 8 weeks (May 16th – July 11th), but the content is available for students to complete at their own pace.
The course is divided into 5 sections:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Digital Storytelling and One Health
- Chapter 2: Script Writing
- Chapter 3: Storyboarding
- Chapter 4: Implementation and Feedback
- Chapter 5: Final Feedback and Certificate
The course is worth 3 ECTS and is designed for approximately 90 hours of work. There are no requirements for enrolling in this course.
- Understand the concepts involved in digital story creation
- Discuss the role of digital storytelling in medicine and public health
- Comprehend One Health concepts and recognise examples of One Health in media
- Recognise different writing techniques/styles and the purposes they serve in varied contexts
- Develop and edit scripts and storyboard templates
- Create a digital story using Pageflow
- Duration: 90 hours
- Target group: Professionals, students, and docents interested in digital media and health topics, with specific interest in having a certified and finished end project (a digital storyboard) on a topic of their choosing.
- Concept: Asynchronous via CIHLMU Moodle Platform
- ECTS: 3 ECTS
- Language: English
- Deadline: 9 May
Die Veranstaltung findet online und auf Englisch statt. Weitere Informationen sowie den Link zur Anmeldung finden Sie auf der EUGLOH-Website.
Die European University Alliance for Global Health (EUGLOH) ist eine strategische Partnerschaft zwischen der Université Paris-Saclay, der Universität Lund, der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, der Universidade do Porto und der Universität Szeged im Rahmen der Europäischen Hochschulinitiative der Europäischen Kommission.