- Department / Institute
- Vascular Surgery
- Subject area
- Fenestrated Endovascular Aortic Repair
- Project title
- “In Vitro” evaluation of the degree of optimal oversizing of aortic stent-grafts in native and prosthetic landing zones in complex aortic procedures
- Name of supervisor
- Nikolaos Tsilimparis
- Number of open positions
- Language requirements
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Academic requirements
- Masters degree in Medicine or Bioengineering
- Project time plan
- Full Doctoral Study-Model: 36 or 48 months
The project is a pre-clinical (“bench”) study analyzing the optimal degree of oversizing of aortic stent grafts in different conditions, including native vessel, prosthetic grafts, different angulations, diameters and different flow dynamics.
The project will start by optimizing and pre-clinical model already under development and which has been used for a pilot study. After the model development, different studies will be performed according to different conditions the group intends to evaluate.
The ultimate goal is to increase the current understanding on aortic endograft behavior in order to improve deployment safety and repair durability.