- Central University Institutions - Geschwister Scholl Institute of Political Science, Chair of Comparative Political Science (Prof. Dr. Nicole Bolleyer)
- Start date
- 1st April 2022
- Application deadline
- 29 Oct 2021
- Remuneration group
- TV-L E13
- Contract duration
- The post is restricted to a duration of three years (probation 6 months).
- Part time
- 26,065 hours per week; 65 %
Tasks and responsibilities
- The independent implementation of a postdoctoral/doctoral research project in the comparative social sciences and contribution to joint research projects at the chair.
- Publication of research results (individually and in teams).
- Provision of teaching in the area of comparative and/or European politics (4 ‚Semesterwochenstunden‘, equivalent to 2 x 90-minute weekly sessions per semester on average).
- Contribution to administrative tasks at the chair.
- An excellent dissertation or an excellent MA degree in the comparative social sciences is essential, preferably in the area of comparative political science.
- Research goals in the comparative social sciences, preferably in thematic areas relevant to the chair. These include the comparative study of democracy and the comparative study of European societies, particularly political and/or social organizations in established democracies (parties, interest groups, civil society organizations, etc.). See for more information about the areas covered by the team.
- A good knowledge of cross-national data analysis (quantitative and/or qualitative). Knowledge in advanced quantitative methods is desirable.
- Fluency in either German or English is essential; fluency in both is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in teams.
Pay is based on TV-L ‚Entgeltgruppe’ E13. This post is part-time (65%) with 26,065 hours per week.
The post ought to be filled by 1st April 2022 and is restricted to a duration of three years (probation 6 months).
Your workplace will be in the center of Munich and is well connected through public transport. Disabled candidates are in case of equal qualification preferred. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
This is a part-time job
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Please submit the following (in German or English):
- Cover letter (max. 2 pages)
- Contact data for two referees (referees will be contacted only at the interview stage)
- Outline for a 3-year doctoral/postdoctoral research project (max. 3 pages excluding bibliography)
Chair for Comparative Political Science
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange dates for interviews in early November 2021.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Professor Dr. Nicole Bolleyer.
Where knowledge is everything. Become part of LMU Munich!
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
LMU offers state-of-the-art research infrastructure, an outstanding international network, attractive career opportunities and a broad spectrum of continuing personal development programs. In doing so, LMU supports its members in nurturing their talents and helping to shape their working environment.