- Faculty of Languages and Literatures - Department of English and American Studies
- Start date
- Application deadline
- 30 Apr 2021
- Remuneration group
- TV-L E13
- Payment grade
- Contract duration
- 3 years with the option of extension for a further 3 years
Tasks and responsibilities
- Independent research work and publication of results, possibility in Habilitation (post-doctoral qualification)
- Participation in research activities and publication projects that are underway under the auspices of the Chair
- Participation in the preparation and organization of conferences and research projects and in administration
- Teaching of courses in English Literature (5 hours per week during each semester)
- Assistance with examinations and the coordination and teaching of course modules
- Above-average university degree and outstanding doctoral degree in English Literature or in the field of General or Comparative Literature
- A lively interest in research on literature in English from the Late Middle Ages up to the present; a good knowledge of, and an emphasis on the Late Middle Ages, the Early Modern Period, Shakespearean Studies, Modern Literature, Literary Theory and Aesthetics are desirable
- An outstanding knowledge of English and a working knowledge of at least one other foreign language and/or Latin are also desirable
- A talent for organization
- Teaching skills (especiallyl within a university environment) and experience of the acquisition of third-party funding
- A short outline in English (approx. 5 pp.) of your planned postdoctoral research project, together with one research publication should be included in your application
The workplace is centrally located in Munich and is easily accessible by public transport. We offer you an interesting and responsible field of research, which includes attractive opportunities for further education and career development. Applications from women are encouraged.
Also possible in a part-time capacity.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Applications including the usual documentation (resume, certificates, list of publications, list of courses taught, outline of project (approx. 5 pp.) sample of academic writing and, if possible, a letter of recommendation etc.) should be sent by email only (in the form of a single PDF) to the address below:
Where knowledge is everything. Become part of LMU Munich!
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
LMU offers state-of-the-art research infrastructure, an outstanding international network, attractive career opportunities and a broad spectrum of continuing personal development programs. In doing so, LMU supports its members in nurturing their talents and helping to shape their working environment.