- Faculty of Business Administration - Munich School of Management - Center for Information Technology and Service (ITS)
- Start date
- Application deadline
- 30 Apr 2021
- Remuneration group
- TV-L E13
- Contract duration
- 1 year in the first instance, with the possibility of extension in accordance with the relevant law (WissZeitVG)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Administration and maintenance of Windows-based IT systems (client and server systems)
- Support services for faculty staff via our telephone hotline, email and ticket system
- Maintenance of PC workstations used by faculty staff (updates, back-ups, etc.)
- Procurement, maintenance and management of hardware and software
- Coordination of student assistants
- Maintenance and further development / optimization and reconfiguration of systems to meet changing requirements
- Compilation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Master’s degree in Economics or a methodologically related subject
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience with, Microsoft Client operating systems
- A thorough knowledge of standard computer hardware
- A good knowledge of computer networks
- A comprehensive general IT know-how
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English
- A talent for organization, ability to work in a team, independent approach and reliable working methods, a self-assured manner, enthusiasm and good social and communication skills
- Experience in customer support, and acquaintance with server operating systems (Microsoft/Linux) and/or MacOS would both be advantageous.
Provided that the necessary requirements are met, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to undertake a doctoral thesis.
The workplace is centrally located in Munich and is easily accessible by public transport. We offer you an interesting and responsible field of activity — within a highly motivated team — which includes attractive opportunities for further education and career development. Applications from women are encouraged.
Also possible in a part-time capacity.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Applications should be submitted, preferably in electronic form, to the address below by 31 March 2021. Please submit your documentation as a single PDF file (max. 3 MB). In the event of your application needing to be sent by post, you are strongly advised not to send the originals as application documents cannot be returned when the advertised position has been filled.
Dr. Alexey Sytnyakovski
Where knowledge is everything. Become part of LMU Munich!
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
LMU offers state-of-the-art research infrastructure, an outstanding international network, attractive career opportunities and a broad spectrum of continuing personal development programs. In doing so, LMU supports its members in nurturing their talents and helping to shape their working environment.