- Faculty of Medicine - Institute for Immunology, Biomedical Center
- Start date
- as soon as possible
- Application deadline
- 26 Jan 2022
- Remuneration group
The Krug lab at the Institute for Immunology, Biomedical Center, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) Munich, is currently recruiting within the Collaborative Research Centre 1054 “Control and Plasticity of Cell-Fate Decisions in the Immune System” PhD student in Immunology.
Our lab works on the role of dendritic cells in the regulation of innate and cellular immune responses to viral infection and vaccination (e.g. yellow fever vaccination).
The project is integrated into the Transregio 237 Research Network “Nucleic Acid Immunity” (project B14) and the Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) 1054 “Control and Plasticity of Cell-Fate Decisions in the Immune System”.
- Master’s degree in life sciences ideally with knowledge of cellular and molecular immunology
- Experience in flow cytometry, cell culture and computational analysis (using R or Python) is a plus, but not mandatory
- Curiosity, team spirit and enthusiasm for science
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Up to date workplace with cutting-edge technology embedded in a stimulating scientific community at the Biomedical Center of the LMU Munich
- A dynamic international team
- Participation in structured programs (IRTG 1054, MMRS) that offer scientific and soft-skills training (more information find here)
- Start date is as soon as possible.
Also possible in a part-time capacity.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Please send applications (merged pdf file including letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, degree certificates, two references) until January 26th 2021. Informal inquiries prior to or in parallel to submission of a full application are encouraged.
Where knowledge is everything. Become part of LMU Munich!
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
LMU offers state-of-the-art research infrastructure, an outstanding international network, attractive career opportunities and a broad spectrum of continuing personal development programs. In doing so, LMU supports its members in nurturing their talents and helping to shape their working environment.