- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine - Veterinärwissenschaftliches Department - Lehrstuhl für Lebensmittelsicherheit und Analytik
- Start date
- as soon as possible
- Remuneration group
- TV-L E14
- Contract duration
- The initial appointment is for three years and can be renewed based on satisfactory performance.
In the lab of newly appointed Prof. Guldimann, a position is available for a highly motivated PostDoc. We are a large food safety laboratory within the Veterinary Faculty of LMU Munich. We are developing a strong research focus in host-pathogen and pathogen-environment interactions. Projects span basic science as well as applied projects in collaboration with the food industry. Our approach is multidisciplinary, using classic microbiology, bioanalytics, molecular approaches, next generation sequencing, cell culture, and mathematical modelling.We offer expertise and lab space for molecular biology, cell culture, food chemistry and analytics, and mycology. MALDI-TOF MS, LC-MS/MS und FT-IR spectroscopy are available.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work on a research project focused on plant-derived antimicrobial substances.
- Publishing your research in peer-reviewed journals
- Supervision of doctoral students
- Co-teaching courses in meat safety and hygiene to veterinary students (20%)
- Develop your scientific career by acquiring third-party funding.
- You hold a recent Dr. med. vet. or PhD in veterinary science.
- You have a strong background in microbiology or food chemistry and like interdisciplinary teamwork. Techniques relevant to the project are: chemical extraction and fractionation (Preparative HPLC), LC-MS/MS, bacterial stress exposure experiments and molecular methods like RNAseq. Candidates should have experience in at least some of these methods.
- You enjoy teaching your skills to your peers, doctoral students and veterinary students.
- You are well organized.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, ability to independently write manuscripts.
- German language skills at a level that allow you to teach student courses in German within a year.
The LMU is located in Munich, one of Germany’s most beautiful cities and a leading center in research and teaching. LMU Munich offers a stimulating work atmosphere with opportunities for further education and growth. The LMU is interested in increasing the number of female faculty members and encourages women to apply. The university is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a non-permanent research position. The salary will be according to the “Tarifvetrag der Länder (TV-L)” E14. The position is full time and available immediately.
The initial appointment is for three years and can be renewed based on satisfactory performance
The lab is situated on the northern outskirts of Munich in Oberschleißheim.
Also possible in a part-time capacity.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Please send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and your CV in an email with the subject line “Postdoc November” to Prof. Dr. med. vet. Claudia Guldimann.
Prof. Dr. med. vet. Claudia Guldimann
Lehrstuhl für Lebensmittelsicherheit und Analytik
Where knowledge is everything. Become part of LMU Munich!
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
LMU offers state-of-the-art research infrastructure, an outstanding international network, attractive career opportunities and a broad spectrum of continuing personal development programs. In doing so, LMU supports its members in nurturing their talents and helping to shape their working environment.