- Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy - research group of Professor Veit Hornung at the Gene Center- ERC project ENGINES – “molecular and functional characterization of EmergiNG INflammasomES”
- Start date
- as soon as possible
- Application deadline
- 15 Nov 2021
- Remuneration group
- The salary is determined by experience according to the German public sector pay scale TV-L.
- Contract duration
- The position is (initially) limited to two years, with the possibility of another two-year extension.
In ENGINES, we are interested in characterizing the emerging inflammasome sensors NLRP1 and CARD8. To this end, we seek to understand what these sensors detect and how they operate at the molecular level. In addition, we will specifically investigate their role in antiviral immune responses, for which we will use a novel humanized mouse model. To achieve this, we apply a wide range of different methods, ranging from biochemistry, molecular biology and functional genomics to in vivo studies. If you are interested in any of these aspects, we look forward to receiving your application.
You will find more information on our group here.
- PhD in immunology, biochemistry, biology or a related field
- Documented background in immunology, molecular biology or biochemistry
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues from different disciplines
- Proactive attitude and enthusiasm for research
- Fluent written and spoken English
The appointee will join an enthusiastic, multidisciplinary team within a stimulating atmosphere with excellent scientific working conditions and access to state-of-the-art instrumentation at the Gene Center of the LMU.
Also possible in a part-time capacity.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Please send your application consisting of a cover letter and a curriculum vitae to this E-Mail.
General enquiries can be directed to Xiaoshan Hu. Applications close 15 November 2021.
Where knowledge is everything. Become part of LMU Munich!
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
LMU offers state-of-the-art research infrastructure, an outstanding international network, attractive career opportunities and a broad spectrum of continuing personal development programs. In doing so, LMU supports its members in nurturing their talents and helping to shape their working environment.