- Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy - Gene Center - Laboratory for Functional Genome Analysis (LAFUGA)
- Start date
- 1 Aug 2021
- Application deadline
- 25 Jun 2021
- Contract duration
- Initially, the position is available for three years.
Tasks and responsibilities
The scientist will focus on the proteome analysis of various translational large animal models (e.g. Diabetes, Cystic fibrosis, Duchenne muscular dystrophy) and will collaborate with different research groups of the LMU and other institutions. All projects include sophisticated LC-MS/MS based proteome analysis.
The successful candidate is expected to set up the experimental strategy, to perform data analysis, discuss the results with collaborators and should further contribute significantly to the publication of the results.
The successful candidate should further contribute to the development and establishment of new methods.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, pharmaceutics, chemistry, biology or similar
- Expert knowledge in basic protein biochemistry techniques (e.g. gel electrophoresis, Western blots)
- Expert knowledge in various quantitative proteomics techniques
- Expert knowledge in liquid chromatography mass spectrometry
- Expert knowledge in data analysis of quantitative proteomics data
- Knowledge in analyzing data from cross-linked proteins would be an advantage
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to guide and support PhD students
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills, German would be an advantage.
We offer the opportunity to integrate own ideas into our interdisciplinary, and collaborative team and to perform high level research using state-of-the-art mass spectrometry.
Initially, the position is available for three years.
The salary is based on the German public sector pay scale (TV-L). The University of Munich is an equal opportunity employer.
Presently, the lab consists of 5 PhD Students and two post-doctoral researchers and is equipped with four nano-LC-MS/MS systems (Sciex TT5600, QTRAP5500, Thermo Orbitrap XL and QExactive HF-X). For more details please refer to the Website of the Gene Center Munich.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Please submit your applications by email.
Where knowledge is everything. Become part of LMU Munich!
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
LMU offers state-of-the-art research infrastructure, an outstanding international network, attractive career opportunities and a broad spectrum of continuing personal development programs. In doing so, LMU supports its members in nurturing their talents and helping to shape their working environment.