- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine - Department for Veterinary Sciences - AG Immunologie
- Start date
- 09/01/2021 or 10/01/2021
- Application deadline
- 1 Aug 2021
- Remuneration group
- The salary corresponds to pay grade TV-L E 13. 100% of the German public service salary scale.
- Contract duration
- The position is for 4 years. This is a full-time position.
The focus of our research activities is on the functional characterization of the avian adaptiveimmune system under physiological and challenge conditions. The laboratory has a long-standingtradition in the field and has significantly contributed to our current understanding of the uniqueavian immune system. Within a newly funded DFG Research Unit (FOR 5130) we will furtherinvestigate the development and function of lymphocyte subsets and their responses to selectedpathogens of economic importance. This work involves RNASeq based transcriptomics, single celltranscriptomics and TCR-sequencing.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Be a co-PI supervising scientific projects in the area described above
- Guide PhD fellows
- Support current research activities through proposal applications and advancing the group’score expertise/research agenda
- Plan, carry out, and evaluate scientific experiments and draft report
- Disseminate, present and publish scientific results
Applicants must have a doctorate/Ph.D. or equivalent in veterinary medicine, biology, biotechnology or a related area. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented scientist (PostDoc) tolead the transcriptomic and TCR-sequencing projects across the partner-projects. You should have:
- An excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in in vitro studies with immune cells,preferably avian immune cells.
- Profound experience in RNASeq based gene expression analysis from sample preparation tobio-informatics analysis.
- Bioinformatic skills required for T-cell receptor repertoire analysis.
- A strong commitment to establish single-cell analysis in collaboration with research groupsat the LMU high tech campus.
- Strong communication skills and global team player skills at articulating clear scientifichypotheses and at working effectively across disciplines.
- Strong track record of scientific productivity as well as experience in managing severalprojects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration and be fluent in English, both written and spoken. German language skills are of advantage.
The position is for 4 years and is to be filled at the earliest possible date.This is a full-time position.The salary corresponds to pay grade TV-L E 13. 100% of the German public service salary scale.
Also possible in a part-time capacity.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Please send your application by August 1, 2021 to
Department for Veterinary Sciences
Prof. Dr. Bernd Kaspers
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via mail.
If you have any questions, please contact
Prof. Dr. Bernd Kaspers
Where knowledge is everything. Become part of LMU Munich!
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
LMU offers state-of-the-art research infrastructure, an outstanding international network, attractive career opportunities and a broad spectrum of continuing personal development programs. In doing so, LMU supports its members in nurturing their talents and helping to shape their working environment.