Extension of opening times:
Beginning on 15. June 2021, the following University Library (UB) services will be open Mondays to Fridays between 9 am and 8 pm:
- the General Reading Room
- the Lending Facility in the Central Library
- the Central Textbook Collection
- the Departmental Library in the Philologicum
- the Departmental Library for Education, Psychology and Sociology
- the Medical Reading Room
This also applies to the following specialist libraries from 21. June 2021:
- the Departmental Library for Theology and Philosophy
- the Departmental Library in the Historicum
All other service units in the UB system are open Mondays to Fridays between 9 am and 6 pm.
- In all libraries with extended opening times, two time slots daily (9 am – 1:30 pm and 2 pm – 8 pm) are available for seat reservations.
- Beginning on 15. June 2021, individuals may reserve up to 8 time slots per week.
Ordering via the Online Catalog
- Orders via the Online Catalog for media from the open-access holdings in the Central Textbook Collection and departmental libraries will no longer be accepted. Users may of course continue to borrow these media, but are requested to fetch them from the shelves and check them out personally.
- Orders for books from the Central Library‘s holdings must be submitted via the Online Catalog, as before.
Further information on measures necessitated by the coronavirus pandemic and on alterations in the operation of central services is available at Information on Studies and Teaching.