As part of the Academic Cooperation Program with UC Berkeley, LMU Munich can support conferences and workshops conducted jointly by researchers from LMU and UCB with funding of up to 20,000 euros.
In order to promote new and innovative research areas within the Humanities, LMU and UCB researchers are invited to submit joint proposals for one or a series of workshops and/or conferences. Funding for a series of workshops is possible for up to two years. Proposals for research workshops aimed specifically at doctoral students are welcome.
LMU faculties eligible for application: Faculty of Catholic Theology, Faculty of Protestant Theology, Faculty of History and the Arts, Faculty of Philosophy, Philosophy of Science and the Study of Religion, Faculty for the Study of Culture, Faculty of Languages and Literatures
Target group: LMU faculty members and their research partners from UCB. Existing contacts with UCB researchers are a prerequisite. Applications from doctoral students are welcome. In this case, letters of recommendation from LMU and UCB supervisors are required in addition to the regular documents.
- Description of the conference or workshop (max. 3 pages), including the expected outcome and the planned timeline
- Curriculum vitae of the cooperating partners at LMU and UCB
- Budget plan, justifying the funds required and including other sources of funding (if applicable)
- Planned timeframe for the conference or workshop
- For doctoral students: letters of recommendation from LMU and UCB supervisors
Application must be submitted online and until Sunday 18 June 2023 using the following link: https://lmu.moveon4.de/form/64194c74fbc62b33ea3ebdda/eng
For more information on the program and the application process, please contact Juliane Gierach.
Prof. Dr. Hans van Ess, Chairman of the Steering Committee