Visiting professors will be given the opportunity to dedicate their time largely to their own research projects and to collaborative projects with LMU faculty. They will be asked to present their current research projects at LMU in the form of a public lecture. Depending on the length of their stay, visiting professors are encouraged to contribute to teaching through one of the following options:
- Teaching or co-teaching a class of graduate or postgraduate students
- Participation in an LMU-UCB workshop. Financial resources will be available to enable doctoral students or colleagues to travel from Berkeley for this purpose.
- Giving a lecture
The duration of each professorship is flexible; it may vary from 3 to 9 months depending on individual needs and interests.
Visiting professors will receive a fellowship of 4,000 euros to 6,500 euros per month, depending on their academic rank. In addition, funding for research expenses, research assistance and travel may be available. LMU will cover travel costs for transatlantic travel up to 1,500 euros and will provide assistance with accommodation.
The selection committee will assess applications based on the following:
- Research project description
- C.V. and list of publications
- Proof of contact with a research partner at LMU
- Preferences with regard to giving a seminar, workshop or lecture at LMU
- Preferred period of stay in 2022 (you are welcome to give more than one option)
Preference will be given to Berkeley faculty who can demonstrate that Munich is a relevant location for their research and who have research partners at LMU.
Please attach the following questionnaire (PDF, 45 KB) to the regular documents and submit your application electronically to email@example.com
The application deadline for visiting professorships in 2022 will be announced in 2021.
For more information regarding the fellowship and the application process, please contact Dr. Anna Jakubowska at firstname.lastname@example.org