The Division of Property and Maintenance is responsible for the structural fabric of LMU's buildings and the technical facilities required for their functions. This task encompasses the construction and fitting-out of new buildings, as well as renovations, in addition to land management, the selection of service providers, planning and equipping of offices, lecture theaters and other functional spaces, and all other financial, infrastructural and technical aspects of property management, including caretaker, cleaning and security services.
In light of the large number and great diversity of the buildings involved, the infrastructural and technical aspects of property and facilities management vary depending on location:
- Central Area (properties north of Odeonsplatz)
- Sendlinger Tor Area (properties located between the Underground stations Sendlinger Tor, Goetheplatz and Theresienwiese)
- Campus Grosshadern/Martinsried
- Campus Oberschleissheim
Management of buildings that primarily form part of the University Hospital lies in the hands of the Department of Construction and Technology in the respective Commercial Directorate.
- Dr. Matthias Fahrmeir (Head of Division)
- Erwin Greschner (Deputy Head and Collaboration in the Direction of the Technology Section)
- Jutta Peinkofer (Deputy Head and Collaboration in the Direction of the Properties Section)
Employees of LMU can access detailed descriptions of our services, together with all other relevant information (e.g. forms) and contact details via the Service Portal.
Damage to buildings and defects or faults in technical equipment can be reported via our online Damage Report system (password protected).