"Birdcall excursion": Guided tour of the Munich Botanical Garden with Dr. Eva Schneider
- The tour costs 5 euros per person, which will be collected by your guide
- Maximum number of participants: 15
- The tour begins at 10 a.m. at the entrance to the greenhouse
- The event will be held in German
- The excursion takes place in all weathers. Please bring binoculars.
The event will take place only if permitted by the current health regulations. Participants will be informed of any relevant changes.
For further information, see the Botanical Garden's webpage.
LMU collaborates closely with the Botanische Staatssammlung München (State Botanical Collections in Munich). The cooperation goes back to the year 1820 and was initiated by the naturalist Carl Friedrich Philipp von Martius, LMU's first Professor of Botany, who was also the Director of the Botanische Staatssammlung München. Since then, the two positions have always been linked. Professor Gudrun Kadereit, who holds the Chair of Systematics, Biodiversity and Evolution of Plants at LMU, is the current Director of the Collection and the Botanical Garden.