This online course is intended to be a general course, i.e. does no not require previous knowledge (on medical sciences, engineering, or biotechnology etc.) and hence will be open to all students of the EUGLOH Alliance.
Lecturers and topics include the following:
This online course will be held in a 2-week period, starting on 28th March 2022. Five presentation days from the total of 8 days, namely the Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays of the two weeks. Lectures will be held between 3 pm and 6:30 pm on every presentation day.
- What is 3D printing and how does it work?
- Additive Manufacturing Technologies
- Design strategies
- What materials can be printed?
- Metal 3D printing
- FDM and SLA technologies
- Scanning Tools
- Application areas with special emphasis on medical opportunities (Patient Specific Implants, Dental technologies, etc.)
- Bioprinting: artificial tissues and their use/application
- Processing and post-processing DICOM images
- Legislative issues (ethics and relevant regulations)
- 3D printing in medical and health science education
Who can participate?
Students and lecturers from all faculties of member universities of the EUGLOH Alliance (University of Szeged, Paris-Saclay University, Lund University, Ludwig-Maximilian University of München, University of Porto). Presentations will address questions that students with any background can relate to if they have a basic curiosity towards arts and humanities subjects. Number of participants: 30 (6 per partner). Students will be selected by a ‘first come, first serve’ approach.
How attendance is awarded:
EUGLOH Certificate and 2 ECTS will be provided for the students attending the course. Students will be evaluated at the end of the course by online test.
Host: University of Szeged
Registration deadline: 21 March 2022
Please find further information about the event and registration on the EUGLOH website.
The European University Alliance for Global Health (EUGLOH) is a strategic partnership between Université Paris-Saclay, University of Lund, Universidade do Porto, University of Szeged and LMU Munich under the European Higher Education Initiative of the European Commission.