SPOC MIRACIP. Management of immunorelated complication of cancer immunotherapy
Immunotherapy is an essential component of cancer care and expands the treatment possibilities of patients. Immunotherapy drugs called immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) have revolutionised cancer treatment. Although ICIs are the most promising drugs, they are associated with side effects in around 70% of treated patients, such called Immune-related adverse events (irAEs). These irAEs are unique and are different to those of traditional cancer therapies, and typically have delayed onset and prolonged duration. Some of them can be severe and even lethal. When confronted with an unexpected clinical sign, the physician must differentiate rapidly between an irAE, cancer progression, and another (unrelated) cause. A collaborative assessment of the patient situation is mandatory and multidisciplinary assessment boards have been set up in cancer centres. Because management of irAEs involves a large panel of specialities, including also researchers (the pathophysiology of the irAEs remains poorly known), a large need for educational program in the field is obvious. This course aims to gain a specific knowledge on the management of toxicities of immunotherapies.
The main goals of this SPOC are:
Learn more about immunotherapy in oncology:
- Identify the main molecules and their mechanisms of action
- Learn more about the actual and fore-coming indications
- Identify and manage immune related adverse events
- Module A: The Immune System and Immune checkpoints
- Module B: Indications of immunotherapy in oncology
- Module C: Management of immune related adverse events
14 hours to complete the formation, divided by:
- Module A: 2h of working time
- Module B: 3h of working time
- Module C: 9h of working time
This formation in English contains:
- Short video capsules (subtitles ENG & FR)
- Each capsule is followed by knowledge quizz. These quizz will be part of your final score
- A forum where you can discuss between peers and with the educational team
Host: Université Paris-Saclay
Registration deadline: 10 Oct 2022 14:02
This event will be held in English. Please find further information on the EUGLOH website.
The European University Alliance for Global Health (EUGLOH) brings together five universities from across Europe. Together they form a “European University” to develop interdisciplinary projects in the field of Global Health.