"Ein historischer und völkerrechtlicher Überblick über die aktuelle Lage in der Ukraine"
In view of current events in Russia and Ukraine, Lawyers Without Borders (LWOB) will be holding a talk at LMU with
- Prof. Dr. Martin Schulze Wessel – Professor of History of Eastern Europe and Southeastern Europe, LMU Munich
- Prof. Dr. jur. Christian Walter – Professor of Public International Law and Public Law, LMU Munich
- Joanna Maria Stolarek – Head of the Heinrich Böll Foundation’s Warsaw Office
- What is the historical background to the conflict?
- How must Russia’s actions be classified under international law?
- What is the assessment of the current economic sanctions and Germany’s role?
- Could the conflict have been solved through diplomatic channels?
- What are the conceivable future scenarios?
- What can Ukraine (and especially the people of Ukraine) expect from the international community and what steps could/should Germany take now?
There will be the opportunity for a short Q&A round at the end.
The Zoom talk will take place in German. See Eventbrite for more information.
Please register your attendance in advance.