Non-EU citizens

Locally restricted admission degree programs

Special cases

Not an EU citizen, but a relative of an EU/EEA citizen?

If you are not a citizen of an EU/EEA member state and were not educated in Germany or at a German school abroad (Bildungsinländer), but you

  • live in the Federal Republic of Germany and
  • are a child or other family member of a citizen of an EU member state (excluding Germany) or EEA member state who is employed in the Federal Republic of Germany,

you will be treated as German nationals — in terms of admissions law —and therefore do not need to apply to the International Office, but to the Office of the University Registrar (Studentenkanzlei) under the category "Germans and Bildungsinländer".

Non-EU citizens and applications for higher semesters

When applying to join a locally restricted admission degree program in a higher semester, you should apply as a non-EU citizen using the Online Application Portal. Please select the online application form for locally restricted admission degree programs.


What are you looking for?