- Erasmus+, UK and SEMP students must take at least 60% of their courses in the subject area named in the Erasmus+/ UK/ SEMP exchange agreement. If the agreement is for more than one subject area (faculty-wide agreement), students should take at least 60% of courses in their major / minor.
- LMUexchange students must take at least 60% of their courses in their major / minor only.
- Erasmus+, UK, SEMP and LMUexchange students can take up to 40% of their remaining courses in no more than two further subject areas (example: 60% of courses in German Philology, 20% of courses in History and 20% in Political Science).
- If you have no previous knowledge in a given subject area, you may only attend introductory courses in that subject area.
- If you are in a bachelor's program, you are generally not allowed to take master's courses (LMU will discuss exceptions to this rule internally).
You can find a list of all the courses offered at LMU at LSF (you do not need to be logged in for this), including seminars and lectures taught in English. The field "for exchange students" is still in a pilot phase and can therefore currently only be used to a limited extent. Courses for the summer semester are listed from the end of February/beginning of March, and courses for the winter semester from the end of July/beginning of August. Click here for instructions (PDF, 302 KB) on using the course catalog.
If the course catalog is not available by the application deadline, please refer to the courses from the previous semesters. It is still possible to update your Learning Agreement after you arrive in Munich. ECTS credit transfer points are not disclosed in the online course catalog. You can find this information on the various department websites or you can get it from the program representatives.
Registration for courses
Please note that by submitting your Learning Agreement you are not automatically registered for the courses you have selected.
The registration procedure varies from one department to another (partly online, partly in person). Please refer to your department's website or contact the departmental coordinator directly. Exchange students cannot register for the courses via the course catalog LSF.