Under the direction of experienced faculty members, the students are taken through achallenging but highly stimulating learning program. They spend the first part of the dayon the oncology wards, learning the daily routines, accompanying patients fromreception through diagnostic procedures to therapy sessions. The afternoons are takenup with courses on the latest diagnostic methods or therapeutic approaches, anddiscussion of individual case studies in small groups.
In addition, they work with actors on aspects of problem-oriented communication, a vitalelement of the medical professional’s skill set. This gives them the opportunity to learnhow to handle tasks such as breaking bad news to a patient or helping patients to copewith their fears as they face the prospect of stressful treatments.
Taught by eminent medical specialists, they also receive invaluable help from their German "study buddies".
- Academic Host
- Faculty of Medicine
- Students are introduced to clinical laboratory work,familiarize themselves with radiology or hyperthermia,try their hand at image-based functional diagnosticsand attend the weekly oncological review conducted bythe staff specialists at the Medical Center.
- Target Group
- The elective addresses senior medical students,particularly those from LMU Partner Universities, whoattend this four-week rotation together with seniormedical students from LMU.
- Aim of the Course
- The goal of the Winter School of Oncology is a structured training in clinical and preclinical aspects as well as the practical application of hematology/oncology.
- Language of Instruction (LEVEL)
- Form of Instruction
- 02 - 31 March 2022
- Application Deadline
- 31 January 2022
- Max. No. of Participants
- 20 (including LMU students)
- 6 ECTS
- Further Information, Application Deadline, Costs and Registration
- Oncology Winter School, Facult of Medicine