Under the direction of experienced faculty members, the students are taken through a challenging but highly stimulating learning program. They spend the first part of the day on the oncology wards, learning the daily routines, accompanying patients from reception through diagnostic procedures to therapy sessions. The afternoons are taken up with courses on the latest diagnostic methods or therapeutic approaches, and discussion of individual case studies in small groups.
In addition, they work on aspects of problem-oriented communication, a vital element of the medical professional’s skill set. This gives them the opportunity to learn how to handle tasks such as breaking bad news to a patient or helping patients to cope with their fears as they face the prospect of stressful treatments.
Taught by eminent medical specialists, they also receive invaluable help from their German "study buddies".
- Academic Host
- Faculty of Medicine
- Aim of the Course
- Structured training in clinical and preclinical aspects as well as the practical application of hematology/oncology.
- Target Group
- The elective addresses senior medical students, particularly those from LMU partner universities, who attend this rotation together with senior medical students from LMU.
- Language of Instruction (LEVEL)
- Form of Instruction
- 3-23 March 2023
- Application Deadline
- 1 November 2022
- Max. No. of Participants
- 20 (including LMU students)
- 6 ECTS
- Further Information, Application Deadline, Costs and Registration
- Oncology Winter School, Faculty of Medicine