Career advice for students
If you are enrolled at LMU Munich, you can take advantage of personal and individualized advice offered through our Career Services. Expect a consultation to last about one hour. Possible topics to explore might be:
- Your career goals
- Your future prospects post bachelor, master or doctorate degree
- Your career entry
- Your job application questions
- Your employment opportunities
For a personal consultation, please register in our app. Under event participation you will find, among other services, personal career counseling.
Please get in touch with us as early as possible, as we always have a lot of requests and waiting times may sometimes be a little longer than expected.
Consultation sessions for applications
Join Dr. Stephan Pflaum for a 15-minute-long individual Zoom session and get your questions concerning your application answered:
- Application process
- Job intervies
- Application documents
- Assessment center
Register via the Career Community and reserve your appointment (always Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
Online consultation / resume check
Of course, we can also advise you online. Be sure to take advantage of our free job application check or reach out to us with your questions about your employment profile or the application process—we'll answer via email, telephone or video chat.
- Get in touch via the LMU Career Community portal.
- Enter your details into the "Résumé check" area and upload all relevant documents under "Documents." It goes without saying, we'll treat your data confidentially and you can be sure it won't be passed on to third parties.
- You can expect to receive feedback on your documents within approx. 48 hours.
- You can also arrange a personal appointment with us via our online calendar. We will then contact you via video conference (Zoom or Skype), email or — if preferred — via telephone.
Don't forget, you can also register for our career and community events and career mentoring via the Career Community portal.
Networking counts! Welcome to the LMU Career Community
A good network is worth its weight in gold. And this couldn't be more true than when hunting for an exciting, new job. The LMU Career Community is all about offering you the right career network. We bring students, doctoral candidates, graduates, alumni, mentors and companies together through a variety of services and events — and all this at one of the leading research universities in Europe.
- Our Career Mentoring Program is dedicated to connecting you with mentors spanning multiple industries. This means they can support you no matter what your career orientation.
- Our personalized career and networking events reveal new avenues to you, open doors and guide you in making the right career decisions.
Personal advice: international internships
Counseling sessions for international internships
Completing an international internship can be an excellent way to gain experience and skills that will help you as you start your career. Find out more about the following topics in a personal, 30-minute counseling session with Anna Schwark:
- identifying suitable host countries for internships
- finding the right internship field
- helpful advice on how to find an internship
- funding opportunities and sponsorships
Counseling sessions are scheduled for Mondays and Wednesdays between 2 PM and 3 PM. Register for our Career Community and book your appointment now.
Career coaching for LMU alumni
Did you study at LMU and have now been working for several years? Have you gained important experience during your professional career, achieved goals, and learned from your mistakes? We offer our graduates individual sessions based on the concepts and methodologies of systemic coaching. In a one-to-one session, we will help you to identify your individual goals, plan next steps, overcome potential barriers and move forward in your personal and professional development. These sessions take place in a safe environment. Confidentiality is guaranteed.
Possible topics you may bring to the table include:
- Decision making
- Professional (re)orientation
- Evaluation of personal competences and resources
- Dealing with current challenges
- Establishing future prospects in terms of your personal or professional development
LMU Munich graduates with a maximum of ten years professional experience gained after graduation.
Please create an alumnus account in our app. Under event participation you will find, among other services, the coaching for alumni. Register there and we will contact you.
One coaching hour (approx. 60 minutes) costs 120 euros plus VAT. A structured coaching plan can take up to five hours depending on the scope. The duration of the coaching plan and the individual dates are agreed between coach and coachee. Sessions take place in a central, quiet location in Munich.
What coaching is certainly not
Coaching is neither a form of training nor a formal professional attainment. Specific proposals for actions to be taken or solutions to problems are not offered by the coach and no typical "advice" is given. Coaching is not a substitute for psychological, psychotherapeutic or psychiatric advice or treatment.
Career counseling for LMU junior academics
As you embark on your academic career path, different questions will arise. Let us support you with services to help you define and achieve your career goals.Support for doctoral candidates.