LMU Munich offers a huge range of degree programs across a broad spectrum of different academic subjects. Under the sections support and orientation, you will find helpful information and contact details for our team. Reach out to them if you have questions about choosing a program, subject combinations, and planning your studies etc. Each faculty offers academic counseling which can provide you with more detailed information on the subjects they offer.
Application, admission and registration
Before you can begin your studies, you must be registered for the degree program you want to complete. There are no admission restrictions for open degree programs. A place is available for all prospective students who have a university entrance qualification. This means you do not have to apply for a place prior to registration.
For all other types of degree programs, please check the respective admission requirements.
Admission requirements for LMU degree programs
Degree programs are divided into the following categories:
- Nationally restricted admission degree programs
- Locally restricted admission degree programs
- Degree programs with aptitude assessments
- Degree programs with aptitude procedures
- Degree programs with aptitude tests
- Degree programs with a pre-registration procedure
- Degree programs with academic advising and orientation
- Open degree programs
Check out the LMU Degree Program Finder to see which of these categories apply to the degree program you're interested in.