Non-EU citizens

Nationally restricted admission degree programs

Special cases

Non-EU nationality, but relative of an EU/EEA citizen

If you are not a national of a member state of the EU/EEA, nor a Bildungsinländer, but you:

  • reside in the Federal Republic of Germany and
  • are a child or other family member of a citizen of an EU member state (excluding Germany) or EEA member state who is employed in the Federal Republic of Germany,

you will be treated as German nationals — in terms of admissions law — and therefore do not need to apply to the International Office, but to the Office of the University Registrar (Studentenkanzlei) under the category Germans and Bildungsinländer.

Non-EU citizens and applications for higher semesters

When applying to join a locally restricted admission degree program in a higher semester, you should apply as a non-EU citizen using a special Online Application Portal. Please select the online application form for locally restricted admission degree programs.


What are you looking for?