Please note that our trial lectures are all held in German, and you will need to demonstrate adequate German language skills if you want to study at undergraduate level at LMU.
Getting to know the subject of your choice
Studieren probieren — trial lectures at LMU
Do you want to experience your subject "live" at LMU? Would you like to get to know the University on your terms and test the seating in our lecture theaters for yourself? Then join us for a trial run and attend a course at LMU! Carefully selected, beginner-friendly lectures and seminars give prospective students an idea of what their dream subject is really like. Come once, twice or as often as you like.
LMU-Schnupperstunden — online trial sessions
Interested in studying at LMU, but not yet sure which subject you want to study? During LMU online trial sessions, students can arrange an interactive online meeting for a maximum of three prospective students and provide insight into their subject area.
Here's how it works:
Select the courses you're interested in from the calendar of events and register for one of the open appointments. Trial lectures belonging to Studieren probieren are marked in red. Online trial sessions belonging to LMU Online Schnupperstunden are marked in blue.
Information about LMU-Schnupperstunden
- You will receive confirmation of your registration by email and subsequently another email with details about the event. If you have not received an email 24 hours prior to your appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Places for the LMU online trial sessions are limited and registration is binding. If you are unable to attend, please contact the students directly!
- The subject of your choice is not there yet? It is worth visiting this page from time to time, as the students' offers for the LMU online trial sessions may change.
Information about Studieren probieren
- The Studieren probieren events are regular lectures. We ask that you do not disrupt the teaching process.
- Occasionally, an event of Studieren probieren may have to be canceled at short notice. For organizational reasons it is not possible to inform registered participants in the event of this happening. However, information on cancellation due to illness may be available on the website of the relevant subject (e.g. under "News").
- Due to the large number of events, we are unable to verify participation and therefore cannot issue a certificate of participation.
- If you have any questions about our Studieren probieren and LMU Schnupperstunden event program — our team at email@example.com is always ready to help.
- The following departments have offers for prospective students that are not listed in the calendar of events:
Study orientation week
Get a taste of university life, visit lectures, and meet lecturers and students during study orientation week, when LMU opens its doors to prospective students. Visitors can attend regular courses, and in addition numerous departments and university institutions host information events and invite visitors to get to know what's on offer at LMU. LMU's study orientation week is part of the Hochschulorientierungstage München (University Orientation Days Munich), an event organized in cooperation with the Technical University, the University of Applied Sciences and the Arbeitsagentur (Employment Agency).
information events (in German).The next study orientation week is planned for the 2021 fall vacation. Before then, we would be delighted to welcome you to one of our
Virtual Campus Days
Everyone, from lecturers to students, attends our largest event — all presenting their disciplines to visitors. The LMU Service Centers provide information on application, registration and financial support, studying abroad and studying under special circumstances (with a child or a disability, for example). You can find specific information concerning your personal situation, and learn more about a range of subjects by participating in our talks and trial lectures.
Campus Days took place 25 - 28 May 2021. The virtual