Please note that our trial lectures are all held in German, and you will need to demonstrate adequate German language skills if you want to study at undergraduate level at LMU.
"Studieren Probieren" — trial lectures at LMU
Do you want to experience your subject "live" at LMU? Would you like to get to know the University on your terms and test the seating in our lecture theaters for yourself? Then join us for a trial run and attend a course at LMU! Carefully selected, beginner-friendly lectures and seminars give prospective students an idea of what their dream subject is really like. Come once, twice or as often as you like.
Here's how it works:
- Select the courses you're interested in from the calendar of events and register for one of the open appointments.
- You will receive confirmation of your registration by email — with all the details of the course, including the address and room number of the lecture hall.
- Group registrations: If you would like to register several prospective students at the same time, or if you're a teacher and want to bring a larger group, please book in advance (approx. one week) so that we can register your group in our system in good time.
- Due to the large number of trial lectures in our "Studieren Probieren" ("See for yourself") event program, we are unable to verify participation and therefore cannot issue a certificate of participation.
- Occasionally, an event may have to be canceled at short notice. For organizational reasons it is not possible to inform registered participants in such a case. However, information on cancellation due to illness may be available on the website of the relevant subject (e.g. under "News").
If you have any questions about our "Studieren Probieren" ("See for yourself") event program — our team at email@example.com is always ready to help.
Rules of conduct for those attending lectures:
These events are regular lectures, so students will also be in attendance. We therefore ask that you do not disturb the teaching process, that you arrive punctually for the beginning of the lecture, and that you do not leave the room until the end of the event. Please turn your cell phone to silent or switch it off completely. The Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität House Rules (PDF, 19 KB) also apply to all visitors.
How to use the Trial Session University Catalog:
"LMU-Schnupperstunden" — online trial sessions
Interested in studying at LMU, but not yet sure which subject you want to study? During LMU online trial sessions, students can arrange an interactive online meeting for a maximum of two prospective students and provide insight into their subject area.
There will be new dates starting in April 2021.
Participation and tips:
- Click on the subject you're interested in, select one of the open appointments and click "anmelden" (register).
- Registration is possible up to 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- You will receive an email from the student organizers with instructions and tips.
- If you still haven't received an email by 24 hours before the appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our LMU online trial sessions have a limited capacity and registration is therefore required. If for any reason you cannot attend an appointment you are registered for, please inform your student contacts!
- Participants in LMU online trial sessions will not receive written confirmation of participation. Confirmations of participation can be requested via email@example.com.
- The subject you're interested in isn't on the list? It's worth visiting this site from time to time, as the range of opportunities offered by our students may be updated.
Our volunteer students and the Central Student Advisory Office's team hope that you really enjoy this experience!
Everyone, from lecturers to students, attends our largest event — all presenting their disciplines to visitors. The LMU Service Centers provide information on application, registration and financial support, studying abroad and studying under special circumstances (with a child or a disability, for example). You can find specific information concerning your personal situation at the information stands, and learn more about a range of subjects by participating in our talks and trial lectures.
The next Campus Day is planned for February/March 2021.
Study orientation week
Get a taste of university life, visit lectures, and meet lecturers and students during study orientation week, when LMU opens its doors to prospective students. Visitors can attend regular courses, and in addition numerous departments and university institutions host information events and invite visitors to get to know what's on offer at LMU. LMU's study orientation week is part of the Hochschulorientierungstage München (University Orientation Days Munich), an event organized in cooperation with the Technical University, the University of Applied Sciences and the Arbeitsagentur (Employment Agency).
information events (in German).The next study orientation week is planned for the 2021 fall vacation. Before then, we would be delighted to welcome you to one of our