How to register
Every course has its own online application procedure, explained in full on its webpage. Please read the course description and schedule carefully before applying, since some courses have additional class meeting times or specific enrollment requirements. Early application is always advisable as places are limited. Please note that you have to be at least 18 years old to participate in the misu courses.
- Citizens of several non-European countries must apply for a visa before entering Germany.
- For others, a valid passport is sufficient. EU citizens may use their national identity card instead of a passport. An additional residence permit is not required if your stay does not exceed three months.
- We strongly recommend that all MISU students enroll in a health insurance plan for the duration of their stay in Munich.
- For participants from EU countries, we recommend that you bring your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) with you. For students with a health insurance not valid in Germany, MISU is glad to assist where applicable.
- The general MISU German Language Courses use an online placement test in order to determine the most suitable class for each participant; there are also courses for complete beginners. Participants in the specialized German courses must have the stipulated level of German. Please visit the individual course webpages for details.
- MISU Summer Academies are taught in English, and some courses ask for an interview as part of the application process. But even if not required, you should be aware that you will profit most from a course if your language skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) are at university level.