LMU applications and admissions
The following applies to most double degree programs at LMU: Send your complete application to your LMU master's degree program coordinator who will then forward your documents to the International Admissions Office, together with a letter of acceptance.
1. Applying to the International Office
In order to study as a double degree student at LMU, you will first need to apply here for a place. Please send your application to the LMU International Office (deadline for applications for the summer semester: 15 January / for the winter semester: 15 July).
In order to register, you will need to meet all the general application prerequisites. You will also need to have completed and printed out the online application form.
You will need to submit the following documents when you register at the International Office (by post):
- Completed application form
- All higher education / university certificates and diplomas and all transcripts of records
- Registration and confirmation of programs previously studied at any other German university
- Letter of admission for the master's degree program from the coordinator of the degree program (can be handed in later during registration)
- Updated resume
- Applicants from the PR China, India and Vietnam should submit the certificate from the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) bei der Deutschen Botschaft.
- Marriage certificate / official proof of change of name (if applicable)
In general, you will not need to evidence proficiency in German. Please ask your master's degree program coordinator whether any special regulations apply to your degree program with regard to the German language test. For the Double Master Degree program "Slawische Philologie", German language proficiency is needed.
Comprehensive information on admissions and registration can be found on the International Admissions website.
If you are due to receive an Erasmus+ grant for the duration of your stay at LMU, you will not need to submit a separate application for Erasmus+ at LMU.
2. Receiving an official letter of admission from the International Office
The letter of admission is an important official document which you will need to show the authorities, and which you will need in order to register at LMU. The International Office will send you the letter by email. Your grant will be valid, subject to acceptance by your LMU master's degree program coordinator.
3. Registering at the International Office
Once you have a letter of admission, you must register before the deadline. To register, please send all the documents listed on the letter of admission!
Coordinating office for double degree programs
Contact details can be found on the respective double degree program websites.