Registration of foreign students (non-restricted subjects, EU, and all subjects, non-EU) can only happen upon prior submission of your application for admission to the International Office. You will be given an appointment to register upon receipt of your letter of admission.
Application deadlines for the summer semester must be made by 15 January and for the winter semester by 15 July each year.
In the event of your missing a deadline, you will at the very least forfeit one whole semester.
EU/EEA members and Bildunginländer (equivalent to German school leavers) should be aware that restricted admission subjects must be applied for via the SfH Foundation for University Admissions or the Office of the University Registrar (Studentenkanzlei.)
- If you have received a letter of admission from the International Office, you can find out more about registration here.
- You can find out more about application deadlines for the aptitude assessment by contacting the relevant institute.
- Further appointments and information for international students can be found at the International Office.
Change of subject
International students without a German university entrance qualification have to apply at the International Office before being able to change subject, by 15 July (for winter semester) and 15 January (for summer semester). Please hand in an application form (PDF, 586 KB), and an up-to-date registration certificate or continuation of registration (Rückmeldung) document.
Please note: If your program requires an aptitude assessment, pre-registration or registration, and/or academic advising or orientation (Studienorientierungsverfahren,) please submit a confirmation that you passed the aptitude assessment, the pre-registration or the orientation.
International students without German university entrance qualification have to apply (PDF, 443 KB) to the International Office before being able to change subject, by 15 July (for winter semester) and 15 January (for summer semester).
- EU/EEA citizens registering for degree courses with local admission restrictions as major or minor subjects, should apply within the deadline to the Office of the University Registrar.
- The same applies to degree courses with restricted admissions throughout Germany in the areas of Human Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. For these degree courses, please submit your application to the Foundation for University Addmissions (Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung).
Please send the following documents to change subject to the International Office:
- Completed and signed form change of subject (PDF, 108 KB)
- if applicable: confirmation that you passed the aptitude assessment, the pre-registration or the academic advising and orientation (Studienorientierungsverfahren), if your program requires this.
- if applicable: a notification of transfer of credits from the relevant examination office (for a higher semester)
Referat Internationale Angelegenheiten — Zulassung